Our Medical Social Workers (MSW) and Social workers visit clients in the privacy of their homes to help with the social and emotional concerns that may accompany health care issues. Their goal is to guide and support you and your caregivers after an illness, a decline in health or hospitalization. At Cornerstone Health Care, Inc., we realize that during this demanding time you may need the extra support that they can provide.
Care Management services can include:
- Reviewing hospital discharge instructions.
- Assessing home settings for potential accommodations that may be barriers to safety.
- Reconciling medications.
- Identifying community resources.
- Teaching clients about managing their health.
- Arranging for, or attending, follow-up physician visits for assistance in coordination of services and to promote self-care.
- When our services have reached its care limits, we will go the extra mile in transitioning you to an appropriate level of care that allows you to continue care that is suitable to your needs.
- Our number one priority is to take care of you.
Our social workers are able to assist you with;
- Advanced Care Planning in line with your wishes, such as communicating your decisions on legal document choices such as a power of attorney for health care, advance directives or living will. These documents reflect your healthcare wishes when you are not able to make these decisions any longer.
- Our social workers also are available to help with referrals to:
- Private care givers
- Adult day care programs
- Long-term care placement
- Community resources
- Support Groups
Additionally, they provide assistance with:
- Medicaid applications
- Coping Strategies and emotional support